Despite offering amazing print functionalities to its users, the Epson printer might also come up with some printing failures and error messages. These error messages are enough to tell you that you can continue your printing task until you fix this issue permanently. So, in this post, we shall shed some light on one such error message which has been troubling Epson printer users for a long.
What does error code 0x97 mean on Epson printer?
The Epson error code 0x97 simply means that there is an internal issue in your printer which is not letting you take further printouts. Most of the time, the said error message arises on a user’s device when the printing machine has been in use for a long time. With the occurrence of this error message, you will be restricted to perform any printing activity for some time until you resolve the error.
Fixes for the Epson error code 0x97
If you are seeing an error displayed on your printer saying Epson printer error code 0x97 fix patches, then you must complete the processes listed below to resolve the issue:
Fix 1- Remove everything from the printer
Before trying any other solution, the primary thing you should consider doing is remove or detach every external thing from your printer. Apart from this, you should also cancel any printing task that is in the queue as well as check for any paper jamming issues. In case you have attached an external drive to it, remove that too.
Fix 2- Reset the printer
If you find your Epson printer in an error state, specifically see the Epson error code 0x97 on it, then resetting your printer is something that can help you.
- The first thing you need to do is disconnect all the cables that are connecting your printer with other devices.
- After doing so, let your printer heave a breath of sigh for some time and make sure you deal with it with patience.
- Now, press and hold the printer’s power button for at least 1 minute.
- Reconnect all the cables back to it while holding the button.
- Again release this button and then hold it once again.
- Once you do so, your printer will reset and might start functioning normally.
Fix 3- Clean the print-head and clogged nozzles
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Take out all the cartridges from it one by one.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it in a solvent.
- Squeeze out any excess solvent from it.
- Wipe the bottom of the print-head very gently.
- Make sure you are not being harsh on it.
- After that, let it sit for up 20 minutes.
- Re-insert the cartridges into the printer.
- Print a test page to check if the error is fixed.
- If not, move to the next solution.
Fix 4- Update your printer driver
If none of the above-given solutions seem to fix the error code 0x97, you should try to update or reinstall your printer driver. In case you are facing this problem because of a malware issue, updating the printer driver would definitely resolve the issue.
Fix 5- Run the printer troubleshooter
- Click on the ‘Start’ button of your device.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- In the following section, click ‘Printer’ present under ‘Get up and running’.
- Next up, click ‘Run the Troubleshooter’.
- Select your printer model from the list of printers.
Most of the time, this error occurs on Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer, Epson wf-7620 printer, Epson WF 3620 printer, and Epson WF-4630 printer. However, if you are seeing this error message on one of the printer models that is not listed here, then also the similar solutions would work for you.