Epson printers have been there in the printing industry for a long-ago now and there are many organizations where you will find Epson printers helping the users to complete their work. However, sometimes, these Epson printers might sometimes create an obstruction in your work by displaying error messages on its control panel. One of the commonly faced errors is Epson printer error code 031008 which simply means you cannot go ahead with the printing.
Thus, to resolve this problem of the Epson printer users, I have listed below the main reason why you are coming across this error on the Epson workforce pro wf-4740 printer, Epson wf-3720 printer, Epson WF 4730, or any other model of your Epson printer. In addition to this, we shall also try to solve the issue so that you can continue to print using your Epson printer.
Note: some of the solutions given below can also be applied to when you see your Epson Printer in an error state.
Factors responsible for Epson printer error code 031008
The reasons given below will let you know why you are probably facing this issue on your Epson printer:
- The first reason is an overloaded paper tray which might cause paper jamming issues.
- Apart from this, if your printer is having low ink cartridges, it might lead to multiple errors.
- In case you were not able to install the ink cartridges in your printer properly, then also you will face this issue.
- Additionally, if you have not installed the printer driver updates on your device, then it will lead to the same issue again and again.
- In case there is a damaged USB cable that is attached to your printer, there are increased chances of this error.
- Moreover, the presence of foreign particles on its print-head might also lead t o this issue.
Methods to fix Epson printer error code 031008
Hopefully, one of the solutions given below will help you to eradicate this particular error so that you can resume your printing work.
Restarting the printer might help
- To restart your printer, disconnect all the cables from it including the power cable.
- Then, press the power button and keep it holding for a minute.
- Connect all the cables where they were connected to earlier.
- Press the power button once again to restart your printer.
- Check if you still see the Epson printer error code 031008.
Try hard resetting your printer
- First of all, turn off your printer and remove the power cord from it.
- Let the printer sit idle for some time and then attach the cables back to it.
- After that, you need to press the resume button for about 20 seconds.
- Your printer’s display will now show a message to reset the printer.
- Click on the ‘OK’ option to rest it to its default settings.
- Print a test page and check if the error is resolved or not.
Clean the print-head of your printer
There are two ways through which you can clean the print head. One is the manual procedure and the other one is the automatic one. Use the steps below to find out how you can do this:
- Disconnect all the connected cords after powering off the printer.
- Use the front door of your printer and take out the ink cartridges.
- Along with it, take out the print-head as well.
- Take a clean cotton cloth and wipe it over the print head very gently.
- Now, reseat the print head as well as the cartridges back to their original position.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Trying all the procedures would definitely help you in fixing the Epson printer error code 031008 in no time. However, if you still face the same issue even after trying these steps, you may contact the Epson printer support team and get the desired solutions to fix the error.