Firmware updates come in use when there is a need to fix firmware bugs, crashes, or issues in order to improve or stabilizes the printer’s performance. Apart from fixing up the issues in the printers, the firmware is also structured to limit the use of third party ink cartridges. If you are presently using or planning to use used inks then it is strongly advised for you not to update the printer’s firmware to the latest version. Remember, once the firmware gets updated your printer will only accept the OEM ink cartridges till the time you perform the Epson printer firmware reset or you reset back to the default settings. So, you will learn the process to reset Epson printer to factory settings without interruptions from this article, so let’s get started!
What are the steps for the Epson printer firmware reset process?
Here in this section, you will find out the ways to reset the Epson printer if it is facing an Epson firmware update problem:
- First of all you need to turn the printer off and disconnect the power cable from the printer for about 30 seconds and then again reconnect.
- Just turn the printer on and press then keep on holding the “Resume” button for 10-20 seconds/
- You will see the attention lights turn on.
- Now, release the Resume button.
- You will now see the Attention and ready lights cycle while the printer restores the factory defaults.
How to restore the product after Epson printer cartridge reset?
After the Epson printer cartridge reset process you can follow the steps given below:
- First of all just press the home button and tap on the “Setup” button. Just scroll down and select the “System administration” option.
- After this, you need to enter the administrator password.
- Now, you can scroll down and select the “Restore default settings” option.
- On the screen, you have to select one from the suitable options as per your preference.
- Just select the “Yes” option to reset the selected “Settings” option.
Frequently answered questions:
How do I revert the firmware on my Epson printer?
When the printer is turned off, you need to press and hold the home, power, left arrow, and then tap on the cancel buttons at the same time. This is to be done till the ROM menu appears on the Printer’s display. Remember, when the printer is turned off, you need to press and hold the power, down arrow along with the left arrow and then tap on the cancel buttons at the same time.
How do I reset my Epson XP 330 printer?
For this, you need to turn off the printer and then tap and hold the reset button on the backside of the printer. After this, you have to turn on the printer while holding the reset button. Just wait till the time you see the message prints which indicates that the printer is in the reset mode. And there you go and you can reset the Epson XP 330 printer.
How long does a printer firmware update take?
The firmware updates can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes which depends on the internet connection. Remember, if you leave the printer on all day, the firmware may have already been updated without the knowledge of the user. So it just takes around half an hour to process the update on the firmware and then you are good to go with the software.
How do I manually reset my Epson printer?
To manually reset the Epson printer you need to turn off the printer first and then press then keep holding the reset button that is present on the backside of the printer. Now, just turn on the printer while holding the reset button. After this, you need to wait till you see a message indicating the printer is resetting.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that with the help of the steps for Epson printer firmware reset discussed in this article you can easily perform the one without interruptions. However, if you have any related queries for setting up or working with the Epson printer cartridge reset process then we suggest you get assistance from the professional experts via the Epson Printer Support page.